Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
[Latin Langobardus; see Lombard.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Historical Terms) the language of the ancient Lombards: a dialect of Old High German
2. (Languages) the language of the ancient Lombards: a dialect of Old High German
3. (Historical Terms) of or relating to the Lombards or their language
4. (Languages) of or relating to the Lombards or their language
5. (Peoples) of or relating to the Lombards or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Lan•go•bar•dic(ˌlæŋ gəˈbɑr dɪk)
1. the extinct West Germanic language of the Lombards.adj.
2. of or pertaining to the Germanic Lombards or their speech.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.