Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to Laos or its people, language, or culture.
2. Of or relating to the Lao people.
a. A native or inhabitant of Laos.
b. A person of Laotian ancestry.
2. A Lao.
npl Laotians, Lao or Laos
1. (Peoples) a member of a Buddhist people of Laos and NE Thailand, related to the Thais
2. (Languages) the language of this people, closely related to Thai
3. (Peoples) of or relating to this people or their language or to Laos
4. (Languages) of or relating to this people or their language or to Laos
5. (Placename) of or relating to this people or their language or to Laos
La•o•tian(leɪˈoʊ ʃən, ˈlaʊ ʃən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Laos.
3. of or pertaining to Laos or its inhabitants.
[< French laotien]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Laotian - a member of a Buddhist people inhabiting the area of the Mekong River in Laos and Thailand and speaking the Lao language; related to the Thais|
Lao People's Democratic Republic, Laos - a mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia; achieved independence from France in 1949
|Adj.||1.||Laotian - of or relating to Laos or its people; "the Laotian Prime Minister"; "Laotian refugees"|