Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to Laos or its people, language, or culture.
2. Of or relating to the Lao people.
a. A native or inhabitant of Laos.
b. A person of Laotian ancestry.
2. A Lao.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
npl Laotians, Lao or Laos
1. (Peoples) a member of a Buddhist people of Laos and NE Thailand, related to the Thais
2. (Languages) the language of this people, closely related to Thai
3. (Peoples) of or relating to this people or their language or to Laos
4. (Languages) of or relating to this people or their language or to Laos
5. (Placename) of or relating to this people or their language or to Laos
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
La•o•tian(leɪˈoʊ ʃən, ˈlaʊ ʃən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Laos.
3. of or pertaining to Laos or its inhabitants.
[< French laotien]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Laotian - a member of a Buddhist people inhabiting the area of the Mekong River in Laos and Thailand and speaking the Lao language; related to the Thais|
Lao People's Democratic Republic, Laos - a mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia; achieved independence from France in 1949
|Adj.||1.||Laotian - of or relating to Laos or its people; "the Laotian Prime Minister"; "Laotian refugees"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → laosiano
B. N → laosiano/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Laotian[ˈlaʊʃɪən] adj & n → laotiano/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995