Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, or being in the vicinity of the St. Lawrence River.
2. Geology Of or relating to the Precambrian gneissic granite of the Lake Superior area.
[From Latin Laurentius, Lawrence.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) Also: Lawrentian of or resembling the style of D. H. Lawrence or T. E. Lawrence
2. (Placename) of, relating to, or situated near the St Lawrence River
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of or pertaining to the St. Lawrence River.
2. pertaining to the granite intrusions and orogeny in Canada around the Great Lakes during Archeozoic time.
[1860–65; < Late Latin Laurenti(us) Lawrence]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.