Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Lepcha: Dafla
n. pl. Lepcha or Lep·chas
1. A member of a traditionally Buddhist people living in the Sikkim region of India and neighboring parts of Nepal and Bhutan.
2. The Tibeto-Burman language of the Lepcha.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
npl -cha or -chas
1. (Peoples) a member of a Mongoloid people of Sikkim
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Tibeto-Burman branch of the Sino-Tibetan family
(Languages) of or relating to this people or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -chas.
1. a member of a people living mainly in Sikkim.
2. the Tibeto-Burman language of the Lepchas.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.