wormseed(redirected from Levant wormseeds)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to Levant wormseeds: Artemisia cina
1. A tropical American plant (Dysphania ambrosioides syn. Chenopodium ambrosioides) having leaves used as a seasoning and yielding an oil used as an anthelmintic. Also called epazote, Mexican tea.
2. Any of several other plants used as an anthelmintic.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Plants) any of various plants having seeds or other parts used in medicine to treat worm infestation, esp an American chenopodiaceous plant, Chenopodium anthelminticum (or C. ambrosioides) (American wormseed), and the santonica plant
2. (Pharmacology) the part of any of these plants that is used as an anthelmintic
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the dried flower heads of a wormwood, Artemisia cina, or the fruit of certain goosefoots, esp. Chenopodium ambrosioides, used as an anthelmintic drug.
2. any of these plants.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||wormseed - rank-smelling tropical American pigweed|
goosefoot - any of various weeds of the genus Chenopodium having small greenish flowers
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.