Lexington(redirected from Lexingtion)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A city of north-central Kentucky east of Louisville. A noted center for the raising of thoroughbred horses, it was named in 1775 after the Battle of Lexington.
2. A town of northeast Massachusetts, a residential suburb of Boston. The Battle of Lexington (April 19, 1775) marked the beginning of the American Revolution.
1. (Placename) a city in NE central Kentucky, in the bluegrass region: major centre for horse-breeding. Pop (including Fayette): 266 798 (2003 est)
2. (Placename) a city in Massachusetts, northwest of Boston: site of the first action (1775) of the War of American Independence. Pop: 30 631 (2003 est)
Lex•ing•ton(ˈlɛk sɪŋ tən)
1. a town in E Massachusetts, NW of Boston: first battle of the American Revolution fought here April 19, 1775. 29,479.
2. a city in N Kentucky. 239,942.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Lexington - town in eastern Massachusetts near Boston where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought|
|2.||Lexington - a city in eastern Kentucky; noted for raising thoroughbred horses|
|3.||Lexington - the first battle of the American Revolution (April 19, 1775)|
American Revolution, American Revolutionary War, American War of Independence, War of American Independence - the revolution of the American Colonies against Great Britain; 1775-1783