Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Libya or its people, language, or culture.
a. A native or inhabitant of Libya.
b. A person of Libyan ancestry.
2. A Berber language of ancient northern Africa.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Libya, its people, or its language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Libya, its people, or its language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Libya, its people, or its language
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Libya
5. (Languages) the extinct Hamitic language of ancient Libya
Lib•y•an(ˈlɪb i ən)
1. of or pertaining to Libya or its inhabitants.n.
2. a native or inhabitant of Libya.
3. a language of ancient N Africa, taken to be a predecessor of the modern Berber languages.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Libyan - a native or inhabitant of Libya |
Libya, Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya - a military dictatorship in northern Africa on the Mediterranean; consists almost entirely of desert; a major exporter of petroleum
African - a native or inhabitant of Africa
|Adj.||1.||Libyan - of or relating to Libya or its people; "the Libyan desert"; "Libyan terrorists"|
người Libyathuộc nước/người/tiếng Libya
A. ADJ → libio
B. N → libio/a m/f