birdlime(redirected from Liming, Bird Catching)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A sticky substance that is smeared on branches or twigs to capture small birds.
2. Something that captures or ensnares.
tr.v. bird·limed, bird·lim·ing, bird·limes
1. To smear with birdlime.
2. To catch with or as if with birdlime.
(Hunting) a sticky substance, prepared from holly, mistletoe, or other plants, smeared on twigs to catch small birds
(Hunting) (tr) to smear (twigs) with birdlime to catch (small birds)
n., v. -limed, -lim•ing. n.
1. a sticky material smeared on twigs to catch small birds that alight.v.t.
2. to smear or catch with or as if with birdlime.
Past participle: birdlimed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||birdlime - a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds|
|Verb||1.||birdlime - spread birdlime on branches to catch birds|