jousting(redirected from List field)
joust(joust, jŭst, jo͞ost) also just (jŭst)
a. A combat between two mounted knights or men-at-arms using lances; a tilting match.
b. jousts A series of tilting matches; a tournament.
2. A personal competition or combat suggestive of combat with lances: a politician who relishes a joust with reporters.
intr.v. joust·ed, joust·ing, jousts also just·ed or just·ing or justs
1. To engage in mounted combat with lances; tilt.
2. To engage in a personal combat or competition.
[Middle English, from Old French juste, from juster, to joust, from Vulgar Latin *iūxtāre, to be next to, from Latin iūxtā, close by; see yeug- in Indo-European roots.]
1. (Historical Terms) history
a. the action or sport of fighting on horseback using a lance
b. (as modifier): medieval jousting tournaments.
2. (Historical Terms) (as modifier): medieval jousting tournaments.