lithic(redirected from Lithic (disambiguation))
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Consisting of or relating to stone or rock.
Of or relating to lithium.
1. (Geological Science) of, relating to, or composed of stone
2. (Geological Science) containing abundant fragments of previously formed rock: a lithic sandstone.
3. (Pathology) pathol of or relating to a calculus or calculi, esp one in the urinary bladder
4. (Chemistry) of or containing lithium
[C18: from Greek lithikos stony]
1. pertaining to or consisting of stone.
2. pertaining to clastic rocks containing a large proportion of debris from previously formed rocks.
3. of, pertaining to, or containing lithium.
[1790–1800; < Greek lithikós, derivative of líthos stone]
a combining form used in the names of cultural phases in archaeology characterized by the use of a particular type of tool: Neolithic.
|Adj.||1.||lithic - of or containing lithium|
|2.||lithic - relating to or composed of stone; "lithic sandstone"|