backboard(redirected from Long spine board)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A board forming or placed at the back of something: mounted the photos on a backboard.
b. A board used to support an injured person's back, especially during transport.
2. Basketball The elevated vertical board or surface from which the basket projects.
1. a board that is placed behind something to form or support its back
2. (Medicine) a board worn to straighten or support the back, as after surgery
3. (Basketball) (in basketball) a flat upright surface supported on a high frame, under which the basket is attached
1. a board placed at or forming the back of anything.
2. the vertical board at the end of a basketball court to which the basket is attached.
Rectangular board of clear fiberglass or metal to which the basket is attached.
A high sideboard on the side of a wagon. It was used to keep from overshooting the wagon box when picking ears of corn and throwing them into the wagon.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||backboard - a raised vertical board with basket attached; used to play basketball; "he banked the shot off the backboard"|
basketball, basketball game, hoops - a game played on a court by two opposing teams of 5 players; points are scored by throwing the ball through an elevated horizontal hoop
game equipment - equipment or apparatus used in playing a game
|2.||backboard - a board used to support the back of someone or something|
support - any device that bears the weight of another thing; "there was no place to attach supports for a shelf"
backboard[ˈbækbɔːd] N (US) (Sport) → tablero m