wormhole(redirected from Lorentzian wormhole)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A hole made by a burrowing worm.
2. Physics A theoretical distortion of spacetime in a region of the universe that would link one location or time with another, through a path that is shorter in distance or duration than would otherwise be expected.
1. (Zoology) a hole made by a worm in timber, plants, etc
2. (General Physics) physics a tunnel in the geometry of space–time postulated to connect different parts of the universe
1. a hole made by a burrowing or gnawing worm, as in timber or fruits.
2. a theoretical passageway in space between a black hole and a white hole.