lotto(redirected from Lotto, Lorenzo)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. lot·tos
1. A game of chance similar to bingo.
2. A lottery, typically with an accumulating jackpot, in which participants play numbers of their choice in a random drawing.
[Italian and French loto, both from French lot, lot, from Old French, from Frankish *lot.]
1. (Games, other than specified) Also called: housey-housey a children's game in which numbered discs, counters, etc, are drawn at random and called out, while the players cover the corresponding numbers on cards, the winner being the first to cover all the numbers, a particular row, etc. Compare bingo
2. (Games, other than specified) a lottery
[C18: from Italian, from Old French lot, from Germanic. See lot]
n., pl. -tos.
1. a game of chance that is similar to bingo.
2. a lottery, esp. one operated by a state government, in which players choose numbers that are matched against those of the official drawing.
[1770–80; < Italian < Germanic; see lot]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lotto - a game in which numbered balls are drawn at random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards|
board game - a game played on a specially designed board