moonwalk(redirected from Lunar walks)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to Lunar walks: Moon walks
1. A walk on the surface of the moon by an astronaut.
2. A dance step in which the dancer creates the illusion of walking forward while actually sliding back one foot at a time.
intr.v. moon·walked, moon·walk·ing, moon·walks
1. To walk on the surface of the moon.
2. To perform the moonwalk dance step.
1. (Astronomy) an instance of walking on the moon
2. (Dancing) a type of dance, popular in the 1980s, in which the dancer appears to be sliding on the spot
3. (Astronomy) (intr) to walk on the moon's surface
4. (tr) to move (someone) along as if dancing the moonwalk
5. (Dancing) (intr) to dance the moonwalk
an exploratory walk by an astronaut on the surface of the moon.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||moonwalk - a kind of dance step in which the dancer seems to be sliding on the spot; "Michael Jackson perfected the moonwalk in the 1980s"|
|2.||moonwalk - an exploratory walk by an astronaut on the surface of the moon|
walk - the act of walking somewhere; "he took a walk after lunch"