Lycian(redirected from Lycian (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Of or relating to Lycia or its people, language, or culture.
1. A native or inhabitant of Lycia.
2. A language of the extinct Anatolian branch of Indo-European, found in inscriptions down to the beginning of the third century bc in southwest Turkey.
1. (Languages) of or relating to ancient Lycia, its inhabitants, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to ancient Lycia, its inhabitants, or their language
3. (Placename) of or relating to ancient Lycia, its inhabitants, or their language
4. (Peoples) an inhabitant of Lycia
5. (Languages) the extinct language of the Lycians, belonging to the Anatolian group or family
Ly•ci•an(ˈlɪʃ i ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Lycia.
2. the extinct Anatolian language of the Lycians.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Lycia, its people, or their language.