Manasseh(redirected from M'nasheh)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
In the Bible, the eldest son of Joseph and the forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
nDouay spelling: Manases
1. (Bible) the elder son of Joseph (Genesis 41:51)
2. (Bible) the Israelite tribe descended from him
3. (Bible) the territory of this tribe, in the upper Jordan valley
1. the first son of Joseph. Gen. 41:51.
2. one of the 12 tribes of Israel, traditionally descended from him. Gen. 48:14–19.
3. a king of Judah of the 7th century B.C. II Kings 21.