Macedonian(redirected from Macedonian (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Of or relating to ancient or modern Macedonia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
1. A native or inhabitant of ancient or modern Macedonia.
2. The language of ancient Macedonia, of uncertain affiliation within Indo-European.
3. The Slavic language of modern Macedonia, closely related to Bulgarian.
1. (Peoples) of or relating to Macedonia, its inhabitants, or any of their languages or dialects
2. (Placename) of or relating to Macedonia, its inhabitants, or any of their languages or dialects
3. (Languages) of or relating to Macedonia, its inhabitants, or any of their languages or dialects
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Macedonia
5. (Languages) the language of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, belonging to the south Slavonic branch of the Indo-European family
6. (Historical Terms) an extinct language spoken in ancient Macedonia
7. (Languages) an extinct language spoken in ancient Macedonia
Mac•e•do•ni•an(ˌmæs ɪˈdoʊ ni ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Macedonia.
2. a South Slavic language spoken in modern Macedonia.
3. the sparsely attested language of ancient Macedonia, variously regarded as a dialect of Greek or a distinct Indo-European language.adj.
4. of or pertaining to Macedonia, its inhabitants, or their language.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Macedonian - a native or inhabitant of Macedon |
Macedon, Makedonija, Macedonia - the ancient kingdom of Philip II and Alexander the Great in the southeastern Balkans that is now divided among modern Macedonia and Greece and Bulgaria
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
Philippian - a native or inhabitant of Philippi in ancient Macedonia
|2.||Macedonian - the Slavic language of modern Macedonia|
|Adj.||1.||Macedonian - of or relating to Macedonia or its inhabitants; "Macedonian hills"|
A. ADJ → macedonio/a m/f
1. (= person) → macedonio/a m/f
2. (Ling) → macedonio m