Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Malagasy or Mal·a·gas·ies
1. A native or inhabitant of Madagascar.
2. The Austronesian language of the Malagasy.
Of or relating to Madagascar, the Malagasy, or their language or culture.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
npl -gasy or -gasies
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Madagascar
2. (Languages) the official language of Madagascar belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
3. (Placename) of or relating to Madagascar, its people, or their language
4. (Languages) of or relating to Madagascar, its people, or their language
5. (Peoples) of or relating to Madagascar, its people, or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Mal•a•gas•y(ˌmæl əˈgæs i)
n., pl. -gas•ies, (esp. collectively) -gas•y, n.
1. a member of any of a group of peoples of African and Indonesian origin who inhabit the island of Madagascar.
2. the Austronesian speech of the Malagasy.adj.
3. of or pertaining to the Malagasy, their language, or the Republic of Madagascar.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A. ADJ → madagascarí
B. N → madagascarí mf
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005