Malinke(redirected from Malinké)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Malinké: Malinke
n. pl. Malinke or Ma·lin·kes
1. A member of a Mande people of Senegal and Gambia.
2. The Mande language of this people.
npl -ke or -kes
1. (Peoples) a member of a Negroid people of W Africa, living chiefly in Guinea and Mali, noted for their use of cowrie shells as currency
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Mande branch of the Niger-Congo family
Ma•lin•ke(məˈlɪŋ keɪ, -ki)
n., pl. -kes, (esp. collectively) -ke.
1. a member of an African people of Senegambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, the Ivory Coast, and Mali.
2. a group of dialects, varying in mutual intelligibility, of the Mande language shared by the Malinke, Bambara, and other peoples.