antediluvian(redirected from Malkav)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Bible Occurring or belonging to the era before the Flood.
2. Extremely old or old-fashioned. See Synonyms at old.
[From ante- + Latin dīluvium, flood; see diluvial.]
1. (Bible) belonging to the ages before the biblical Flood (Genesis 7, 8)
2. old-fashioned or antiquated
an antediluvian person or thing
[C17: from ante- + Latin dīluvium flood]
an•te•di•lu•vi•an(ˌæn ti dɪˈlu vi ən)
1. of or belonging to the period before the Flood. Gen. 7, 8.
2. out of date; antiquated: antediluvian ideas.n.
3. an old-fashioned person or thing.
a person who lived before the Flood. — antediluvian, adj.See also: Antiquity
Belonging to a time before the flood described in the Bible.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||antediluvian - any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Noachian deluge|
patriarch - any of the early biblical characters regarded as fathers of the human race
|2.||antediluvian - a very old person|
|Adj.||1.||antediluvian - of or relating to the period before the biblical flood; "antediluvian man"|
|2.||antediluvian - so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"|
old - of long duration; not new; "old tradition"; "old house"; "old wine"; "old country"; "old friendships"; "old money"