Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Maltese: Maltese language
Of or relating to Malta or its people, language, or culture.
n. pl. Maltese
a. A native or inhabitant of Malta.
b. A person of Maltese ancestry.
2. The Semitic language of the people of Malta.
3. A dog of a toy breed having a long silky white coat. The breed was developed in the Mediterranean region and has long been associated with Malta.
4. A Maltese cat.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Malta, its inhabitants, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Malta, its inhabitants, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Malta, its inhabitants, or their language
4. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Malta
5. (Languages) the official language of Malta, a form of Arabic with borrowings from Italian, etc
6. (Breeds) a breed of toy dog having a very long straight silky white coat
7. (Breeds) a domestic fancy pigeon having long legs and a long neck
n., pl. -tese,
1. a native or inhabitant of Malta.
2. the language of Malta: a form of North African Arabic heavily influenced by Italian, written in the Roman alphabet.
3. one of a breed of toy dogs with a long, silky white coat.adj.
4. of or pertaining to Malta, its people, or their language.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Maltese - a native or inhabitant of Malta|
Malta, Republic of Malta - a republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1964
European - a native or inhabitant of Europe
|2.||Maltese - the national language of the Republic of Malta; a Semitic language derived from Arabic but with many loan words from Italian, Spanish, and Norman-French|
Semitic - a major branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family
|3.||Maltese - a term applied indiscriminately in the United States to any short-haired bluish-grey cat|
|4.||Maltese - breed of toy dogs having a long straight silky white coat|
|Adj.||1.||Maltese - of or relating to the island or republic of Malta or its inhabitants; "Maltese customs officers"|
người Maltathuốc nước/người/tiếng Maltatiếng Malta