Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. Masai or Ma·sais
1. A member of a chiefly pastoral people of Kenya and parts of Tanzania.
2. also Maa·sai The Nilotic language of this people.
Masai(ˈmɑːsaɪ; mɑːˈsaɪ; ˈmæsaɪ)
npl -sais or -sai
1. (Peoples) a member of a Nilotic people, formerly noted as warriors, living chiefly in Kenya and Tanzania
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Nilotic group of the Nilo-Saharan family
or Maa•sai(məˈsaɪ, ˈmɑ saɪ)
n., pl. -sais, (esp. collectively) -sai.
1. a member of a traditionally pastoral African people of the upland steppes of S Kenya and NE Tanzania.
2. the Nilotic language of the Masai.