marshmallow(redirected from Mashmallow)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Mashmallow: android
a. A light, spongy, very sweet confection made of corn syrup, gelatin, sugar, and often vanilla.
b. A confection of sweetened paste, formerly made from the root of the marshmallow plant.
2. often marsh mallow A perennial plant (Althaea officinalis) in the mallow family, native to Eurasia and naturalized in eastern North America, having pink flowers and a mucilaginous root used in herbal medicine and formerly in confections.
1. (Cookery) a sweet of a spongy texture containing gum arabic or gelatine, sugar, etc
2. (Cookery) a sweetened paste or confection made from the root of the marsh mallow
an Old World mallow, Althaea officinalis, having pink flowers, found in marshy places.
marsh•mal•low(ˈmɑrʃˌmɛl oʊ, -ˌmæl oʊ)
1. a spongy confection made from gelatin, sugar, corn syrup, and flavoring.
2. a sweetened paste made from the root of the marsh mallow.