Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Melanesia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
1. A member of any of the indigenous peoples of Melanesia.
2. A subfamily of the Austronesian languages that includes the languages of Melanesia.
(Languages) of or relating to Melanesia, its people, or their languages
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Melanesia: generally Negroid with frizzy hair and small stature
2. (Languages) a group or branch of languages spoken in Melanesia, belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
3. (Languages) See also Neo-Melanesian
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||Melanesian - of or relating to Melanesia or its people or culture|