References in periodicals archive ?
In 1981, his interests had begun to include mesoscale meteorology. In 1982, Doug and Judy felt it was time for a change, and because of Doug's interest in mesoscale meteorology, they considered the University of Oklahoma (OU) as a possible place for him to join academia.
The image is from the NOAA's Regional and Mesoscale Meteorology Branch.
Even with the great advances in mesoscale meteorology and modelling over the past 20 years, hurricanes are still extremely challenging to forecast and are not as predictable as mid-latitude frontal systems.
Richardson, Mesoscale Meteorology in Midlatitudes, Wiiey, Chichester, UK, 2010.
n5-9 June: Mediterranean School On Mesoscale Meteorology: The second edition of the MSMM will be held in Alghero, Italy.
Blount is majoring in meteorology at the University of South Alabama where he is focusing his studies on weather forecasting, mesoscale meteorology, and radar meteorology.
Together they produced a seminal paper in mesoscale meteorology in 1971 that was published in the Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, "A Theoretical Study of the Land and Sea Breeze Circulation." During 1974-77, Yitzhak did a postdoc at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, where he met Roger Pielke Sr., who became not only a work colleague, but a good friend, and convinced Yitzhak to take guitar and scuba diving lessons.
He will major in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma and is interested in mesoscale meteorology, winter weather, and forecasting.
MacDonald is majoring in geosciences at Mississippi State University where she is focusing her studies on severe weather meteorology, severe weather communication and public perception of risks, mesoscale meteorology, and hazard risk perception and response.
* Mediterranean School On Mesoscale Meteorology: The second edition of the Mediterranean School On Mesoscale Meteorology (MSMM) is to be organised in Alghero (Italy), from June 5 to 9.
As WRF is fundamentally a mesoscale model, WRF research applications over the years have run the gamut of topics in mesoscale meteorology: synoptic and mesoscale processes associated with extratropical cyclones, fronts, and jets (Zhang et al.
Morrow is majoring in mathematics at Jackson State University where she is focusing her studies on mesoscale meteorology: observational analysis, data collection and analysis.
Dictionary browser ?
- mesophytic plant
- Mesoscale meteorology
Full browser ?
- Mesoscale Air-Pollution Simulation Model
- Mesoscale Alpine Programme
- Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology
- Mesoscale and Severe Storms Computer System
- Mesoscale Atmospheric Simulation System
- Mesoscale Bent-Plume Model
- Mesoscale Compressible Community
- Mesoscale Convection Resolving Model
- Mesoscale Convective Complex
- Mesoscale convective system
- Mesoscale Convective Vortex
- mesoscale eddies
- Mesoscale Evolution Project-1991
- Mesoscale Lightning Experiment
- Mesoscale Meteorological Model, Version 4
- Mesoscale Meteorological Model, Version 5
- Mesoscale Meteorological Reprocessor Program
- Mesoscale meteorology
- Mesoscale Model
- mesoscale motion
- Mesoscale Prediction and Analysis System
- Mesoscale Puff Model
- Mesoscale Radiatively-Induced Anvil Spreading
- Mesoscale Transport and Stream
- Mesoscopic Integrated Conformal Electronics
- Mesoscopic physics
- Mesoscopic scale