Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Micronesian: Melanesian
Of or relating to Micronesia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
1. A member of any of the peoples inhabiting Micronesia.
2. A subfamily of the Austronesian language family that includes the languages of Micronesia.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Languages) of or relating to Micronesia, its inhabitants, or their languages
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Micronesia, more akin to the Polynesians than the Melanesians, but having Mongoloid traces
2. (Languages) a group of languages spoken in Micronesia, belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Mi•cro•ne•sian(ˌmaɪ krəˈni ʒən, -ʃən)
1. of or pertaining to Micronesia or its inhabitants.n.
2. a member of any of the indigenous peoples of Micronesia.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.