Also found in: Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Middle America 1
A region of southern North America comprising Mexico, Central America, and sometimes the West Indies.
Middle American adj. & n.
Middle America 2
1. That part of the US middle class thought of as being average in income and education and moderately conservative in values and attitudes.
2. The American heartland thought of as being made up of small towns, small cities, and suburbs.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) the territories between the US and South America: Mexico, Central America, Panama, and the Greater and Lesser Antilles
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the US middle class, esp those groups that are politically conservative
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. average or conventional middle-class Americans as a group.
2. the Midwest.
3. a region that includes Mexico, Central America, and sometimes the West Indies.
Mid′dle Amer′ican, n., adj.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.