miliary(redirected from Miliary dermatitis)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Having the appearance of millet seeds.
2. Medicine Characterized by the presence of small skin lesions that have the size and appearance of millet seeds.
[From Middle English miliaris, miliari, skin disease characterized by miliary eruptions, from Medieval Latin miliāris, from Latin miliārius, of millet, from milium, millet; see millet.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Botany) resembling or relating to millet seeds
2. (Pathology) (of a disease or skin eruption) characterized by small lesions resembling millet seeds: miliary tuberculosis.
[C17: from Latin miliārius, from milium millet]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
mil•i•ar•y(ˈmɪl iˌɛr i, ˈmɪl yə ri)
1. resembling millet seeds.
2. marked or accompanied by vesicles resembilng millet seeds: miliary tuberculosis.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
a. miliar, caracterizado-a por pequeños tumores o nódulos.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.