modular(redirected from Modula)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, or based on a module or modulus.
2. Constructed out of usually prefabricated units with standardized dimensions, allowing for easy assembly and flexible arrangement: modular furniture; modular homes.
a. Of or relating to fields having a characteristic greater than zero.
b. Of or relating to structured equivalence classes.
4. Biology Relating to, exhibiting, or being a pattern of growth in which similar morphological units, called modules, are added repeatedly.
mod′u·lar′i·ty (-lăr′ĭ-tē) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (General Physics) of, consisting of, or resembling a module or modulus
2. (Mathematics) of, consisting of, or resembling a module or modulus
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
mod•u•lar(ˈmɒdʒ ə lər)
1. of or pertaining to a module or a modulus.
2. composed of standardized units or sections for easy construction or flexible arrangement.n.
3. something built or organized in self-contained units or sections.
4. a self-contained unit or item that can be combined or interchanged with others like it to create different shapes or designs.
[1790–1800; < New Latin]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||modular - constructed with standardized units or dimensions allowing flexibility and variety in use; "modular furniture"; "modular homes"|
standard - conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value; or of the usual or regularized or accepted kind; "windows of standard width"; "standard sizes"; "the standard fixtures"; "standard brands"; "standard operating procedure"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
modular[ˈmɒdjʊləʳ] adj (furniture, unit) → modulare
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995