Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Variant of Mahican.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Mohican(ˈməʊɪkən; məʊˈhiːkən) or
npl -cans or -can
1. (Peoples) a member of a North American Indian people formerly living along the Hudson river and east of it
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Algonquian family
1. (Hairdressing & Grooming) a punk hairstyle in which the head is shaved at the sides and the remaining strip of hair is worn stiffly erect and sometimes brightly coloured
2. (Hairdressing & Grooming) a person wearing such a hairstyle
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -gans, (esp. collectively) -gan.
1. a member of an American Indian people of E Connecticut.
2. the extinct Eastern Algonquian language of the Mohegan.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mohican - a member of the Algonquian people formerly living in the Hudson valley and eastward to the Housatonic|
|2.||Mohican - the Algonquian language spoken by the Mohican|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Mohican[məʊˈhiːkən] N (Mohicans or Mohican (pl))
1. (= Native American) → mohicano/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n (Brit: = haircut) → Irokesenschnitt m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007