Mon(redirected from Mon (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. Mon or Mons
1. A member of a traditionally Buddhist people inhabiting eastern Myanmar (Burma) and adjacent parts of Thailand.
2. The Mon-Khmer language of the Mon.
npl Mon or MonsAlso called: Talaing
1. (Peoples) a member of a people of Myanmar and Thailand related to the Khmer of Cambodia
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Mon-Khmer family
n., pl. Mons, (esp. collectively) Mon.
1. a member of a people now living mainly in the N part of the Burmese panhandle, though historically occupying a broader area of the lower Irrawaddy and Salween rivers in lower Burma.
2. their Mon-Khmer language.
var. of mono- before a vowel: monestrous.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mon - the second day of the week; the first working day|
weekday - any day except Sunday (and sometimes except Saturday)
|2.||Mon - a member of a Buddhist people living in Myanmar and adjacent parts of Thailand|
Buddhist - one who follows the teachings of Buddha
|3.||Mon - the Mon-Khmer language spoken by the Mon|
Mon-Khmer - a branch of the Austro-Asiatic languages