Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Mongolian: Mongolian race
Mon·go·li·an(mŏng-gō′lē-ən, -gōl′yən, mŏn-)
1. Of or relating to Mongolia, the Mongols, or their language or culture.
2. also mongolian Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
1. A native or inhabitant of Mongolia.
2. A member of the Mongol people.
a. Any of the various spoken and written dialects and languages of the Mongols living in Mongolia and China. Also called Mongol.
b. See Mongolic.
4. Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Mongolia, its people, or their language
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Mongolia, its people, or their language
3. (Languages) of or relating to Mongolia, its people, or their language
4. (Peoples) a native of Mongolia
5. (Languages) the language of Mongolia. See Khalkha
Mon•go•li•an(mɒŋˈgoʊ li ən, mɒn-)
1. a native or inhabitant of the Mongolian People's Republic or Inner Mongolia.
a. a family of closely related languages spoken by the historical Mongols and their descendants.
b. a language of this family spoken by most of the ethnic Mongolians of the Mongolian People's Republic and Inner Mongolia.
5. of or pertaining to Mongolia or its inhabitants.
6. of or pertaining to the Mongols or their languages.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mongolian - a member of the nomadic peoples of Mongolia|
Oriental, oriental person - a member of an Oriental race; the term is regarded as offensive by Asians (especially by Asian Americans)
Mongol Tatar, Tatar, Tartar - a member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century
|2.||Mongolian - a family of Altaic language spoken in Mongolia|
|Adj.||1.||Mongolian - of or relating to the modern Mongolian People's Republic; "the Mongolian embassy"|
|2.||Mongolian - of or relating to the region of Mongolia or its people or their languages or cultures; "the Mongol invaders"; "a Mongolian pony"; "Mongolian syntax strongly resembles Korean syntax"|
người Mông Cổthuộc nước/người/tiếng Mông Cổtiếng Mông Cổ
1. adj (people, tribe) → mongolo/a; (language) → mongolico/a
2. n (person) → mongolo/a