mongoloid(redirected from Mongoloids)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or being a human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin, straight black hair, dark eyes with epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. No longer in scientific use. See Usage Note at Negroid.
2. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
3. also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
1. A member of the Mongoloid racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
2. also mongoloid Offensive A person with Down syndrome.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Peoples) denoting, relating to, or belonging to one of the supposed racial groups of mankind, including most of the peoples of Asia, the Inuit, and the North American Indians
(Peoples) a member of this group
Usage: See at Australoid
(Pathology) relating to or characterized by Down's syndrome
(Pathology) a person affected by Down's syndrome
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Mon•gol•oid(ˈmɒŋ gəˌlɔɪd, ˈmɒn-)
1. of, designating, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, marked by yellowish complexion, prominent cheekbones, epicanthic folds, and straight black hair and including the Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, Siamese, Eskimos, and, in some classifications, the American Indians.
2. (often l.c.) (no longer in technical use) of, affected with, or characteristic of Down syndrome.n.
3. a member of the Mongoloid race.
4. (usu. l.c.) (no longer in technical use) a person affected with Down syndrome.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mongoloid - a member of the Mongoloid race|
|2.||mongoloid - a person suffering from Down syndrome (no longer used technically in this sense)|
|Adj.||1.||mongoloid - characteristic of or resembling a Mongol; "the mongoloid epicanthic fold"|
|2.||Mongoloid - of or pertaining to or characteristic of one of the traditional racial division of humankind including especially peoples of central and eastern Asia|
anthropology - the social science that studies the origins and social relationships of human beings
|3.||mongoloid - of or relating to or suffering from Down syndrome;|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Mongoloid[ˈmɒŋgəlɔɪd] ADJ (Anthropology) → mongólico
mongoloid[ˈmɒŋgəlɔɪd] ADJ (Med) (o.f.) → mongoloide, mongólico
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
a. mongoloide, rel. al mongolismo o que sufre del mismo.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012