monaural(redirected from Mono sound)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to Mono sound: Stereo sound
1. Of, relating to, or designating sound reception by one ear.
2. Electronics Monophonic.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Physiology) relating to, having, or hearing with only one ear
2. (Electronics) another word for monophonic
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
mon•o•phon•ic(ˌmɒn əˈfɒn ɪk)
1. of or pertaining to monophony.
2. of or noting a system of sound recording and reproduction using only a single channel.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.