Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A city of northeast-central Louisiana east of Shreveport. Founded in 1785, it is an industrial center.
1. (Biography) James. 1758–1831, US statesman; fifth president of the US (1817–25). He promulgated the Monroe Doctrine (1823)
2. (Biography) Marilyn, born Norma Jeane Mortenson, later Norma Jeane Baker, sometimes spelled Norma Jean, 1926–62, US film actress. Her films include Niagara (1952), Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), and Some Like It Hot (1959)
1. James, 1758–1831, 5th president of the U.S. 1817–25.
2. Marilyn (Norma Jean Baker or Mortenson), 1926–62, U.S. film actress.
3. a city in N Louisiana. 54,520.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Monroe - United States film actress noted for sex appeal (1926-1962)|
|2.||Monroe - 5th President of the United States; author of the Monroe Doctrine (1758-1831)|
|3.||Monroe - a town of southeast Michigan on Lake Erie|
|4.||Monroe - a town in north central Louisiana|