Morava(redirected from Morava (disambiguation))
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. A river rising in the eastern Czech Republic and flowing about 365 km (225 mi) generally southward to the Danube River near Bratislava, Slovakia.
2. A river of eastern Serbia rising in two forks and flowing about 209 km (130 mi) north-northwest to the Danube River east of Belgrade.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) a river in central Europe, rising in the Sudeten Mountains, in the Czech Republic, and flowing south through Slovakia to the Danube: forms part of the border between the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Austria. Length: 370 km (230 miles). German name: March
2. (Placename) a river in E Serbia, formed by the confluence of the Southern Morava and the Western Morava near Stalac: flows north to the Danube. Length: 209 km (130 miles)
3. (Placename) the Czech name for Moravia1
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Mo•ra•va(ˈmɔr ə və; Czech. ˈmɔ rɑ vɑ)
1. a river in central Europe, flowing S from the NE Czech Republic, along part of the border between the Czech Republic and Slovakia, and Slovakia and Austria, into the Danube. 240 mi. (385 km) long.
2. a river in E Yugoslavia, flowing N to the Danube. 134 mi. (216 km) long.
3. Czech name of Moravia.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.