Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A native or inhabitant of Moravia.
2. A group of Czech dialects spoken in Moravia.
3. A member of a Protestant denomination founded in Saxony in 1722 by Hussite emigrants from Moravia.
1. Of or relating to Moravia or its people, dialects, or culture.
2. Of or relating to the Moravian denomination.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Moravia, its people, or their dialect of Czech
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Moravia, its people, or their dialect of Czech
3. (Languages) of or relating to Moravia, its people, or their dialect of Czech
4. (Protestantism) of or relating to the Moravian Church
5. (Languages) the Moravian dialect
6. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Moravia
7. (Protestantism) a member of the Moravian Church
Mo•ra•vi•an(mɔˈreɪ vi ən, moʊ-)
1. of or pertaining to Moravia or its inhabitants.
2. of or pertaining to the religious denomination of Moravians.n.
3. a native or inhabitant of Moravia.
4. a member of a Christian denomination descended from the Bohemian Brethren.
|Adj.||1.||Moravian - of or relating to the people or culture of Moravia|