Mormon(redirected from Mormon (society))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Mor·mon(môr′mən) Mormon Church
1. An ancient prophet believed to have compiled a sacred history of the Americas, which was translated and published by Joseph Smith as the Book of Mormon in 1830.
2. A member of the Mormon Church. Also called Latter-day Saint.
Of or relating to the Mormons, their religion, or the Mormon Church.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Christian Churches, other) a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, founded in 1830 at La Fayette, New York, by Joseph Smith
2. (Christian Churches, other) a prophet whose supposed revelations were recorded by Joseph Smith in the Book of Mormon
(Christian Churches, other) of or relating to the Mormons, their Church, or their beliefs
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the popular name given to a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
2. See under Book of Mormon.adj.
3. of or pertaining to the Mormons or their beliefs.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mormon - the ancient prophet whose writings were revealed to Joseph Smith who founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints|
|2.||Mormon - a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints|
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Mormon Church, Mormons - church founded by Joseph Smith in 1830 with headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah
Protestant - an adherent of Protestantism
|Adj.||1.||Mormon - of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Mormon Church; "Mormon leaders"; "the former Mormon practice of polygamy"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → mormón
B. N → mormón/ona m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Mormon[ˈmɔːmən] n & adj → mormone (m/f)
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995