Mormon(redirected from Mormoni)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Mor·mon(môr′mən) Mormon Church
1. An ancient prophet believed to have compiled a sacred history of the Americas, which was translated and published by Joseph Smith as the Book of Mormon in 1830.
2. A member of the Mormon Church. Also called Latter-day Saint.
Of or relating to the Mormons, their religion, or the Mormon Church.
1. (Christian Churches, other) a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, founded in 1830 at La Fayette, New York, by Joseph Smith
2. (Christian Churches, other) a prophet whose supposed revelations were recorded by Joseph Smith in the Book of Mormon
(Christian Churches, other) of or relating to the Mormons, their Church, or their beliefs
1. the popular name given to a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
2. See under Book of Mormon.adj.
3. of or pertaining to the Mormons or their beliefs.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mormon - the ancient prophet whose writings were revealed to Joseph Smith who founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints|
|2.||Mormon - a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints|
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Mormon Church, Mormons - church founded by Joseph Smith in 1830 with headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah
Protestant - an adherent of Protestantism
|Adj.||1.||Mormon - of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Mormon Church; "Mormon leaders"; "the former Mormon practice of polygamy"|
A. ADJ → mormón
B. N → mormón/ona m/f