Campbell(redirected from Mrs Patrick Campbell)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Camp·bell(kăm′bəl), Avril Phaedra Known as "Kim." Born 1947.
Canadian lawyer and politician who was the first woman prime minister of Canada (1993).
Campbell, Joseph 1904-1987.
American mythologist who wrote numerous influential works, including The Hero with a Thousand Faces (1949) and the four-volume The Masks of God (1959-1968).
1. (Biography) Sir Colin, Baron Clyde. 1792–1863, British field marshal who relieved Lucknow for the second time (1857) and commanded in Oudh, suppressing the Indian Mutiny
2. (Biography) Donald. 1921–67, English water speed record-holder
3. (Biography) Kim, full name Avril Phaedra Douglas Campbell. born 1947, Canadian politician; prime minister of Canada (1993)
4. (Biography) Sir Malcolm, father of Donald Campbell. 1885–1948, English racing driver and land speed record-holder
5. (Biography) Mrs Patrick, original name Beatrice Stella Tanner. 1865–1940, English actress
6. (Biography) Roy. 1901–57, South African poet. His poetry is often satirical and includes The Flaming Terrapin (1924)
7. (Biography) Thomas. 1777–1844, Scottish poet and critic, noted particularly for his war poems Hohenlinden and Ye Mariners of England
Camp•bell(ˈkæm bəl, ˈkæm əl)
1. Alexander, 1788–1866, U.S. religious leader, born in Ireland: a founder of the Disciples of Christ Church.
2. Joseph, 1904–87, U.S. mythologist.
3. Mrs. Patrick (Beatrice Stella Tanner), 1865–1940, English actress.
4. Thomas, 1777–1844, Scottish poet and editor.