multimedia(redirected from Multi-media)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)
The combined use of media, such as movies, music, lighting, and the internet, as for education, entertainment, or advertising.
1. Of or relating to the combined use of several media: a multimedia installation at the art gallery.
2. Computers Of or relating to an application that integrates different media, such as text, graphics, video, and sound.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Communications & Information) the combined use of media such as television, slides, etc, esp in education
1. (Communications & Information) of or relating to the use of a combination of media: multimedia teaching aids.
2. (Computer Science) computing of or relating to any of various systems which can manipulate data in a variety of forms, such as sound, graphics, or text
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
mul•ti•me•di•a(ˌmʌl tiˈmi di ə, ˌmʌl taɪ-)
n. (used with a sing. v.)
1. the combined use of several media, as sound and video in a computer application.adj.
2. of or involving the use of several media simultaneously.
3. having or offering the use of various communications or promotional media.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||multimedia - transmission that combine media of communication (text and graphics and sound etc.)|
transmission - communication by means of transmitted signals
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
multimedia[ˈmʌltɪˈmiːdɪə] ADJ [aids, presentation] (also Comput) → multimedia
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(= products with sound, pictures, film) → multimédia m
(EDUCATION) → multimédia m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005