murine(redirected from Murinae)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Murinae: family Muridae
1. Of or relating to a rodent of the subfamily Murinae, which includes the house mouse and the brown rat.
2. Caused, transmitted by, or affecting such a rodent: murine leukemia.
A murine rodent.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) of, relating to, or belonging to the Muridae, an Old World family of rodents, typically having long hairless tails: includes rats and mice
2. (Zoology) resembling a mouse or rat
(Animals) any animal belonging to the Muridae
[C17: from Latin mūrīnus of mice, from mūs mouse]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
mu•rine(ˈmyʊər aɪn, -ɪn)
1. belonging or pertaining to the Muridae, the family of rodents that includes the mice and rats.n.
2. a murine rodent.
[1600–10; < Latin mūrīnus of mice; derivative of mūr- mouse]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
murine- Means "pertaining to mice or rodents."
See also related terms for mice.
Farlex Trivia Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||murine - a rodent that is a member of the family Muridae|
|Adj.||1.||murine - of or relating to or transmitted by a member of the family Muridae (rats and mice); "a murine plague"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.