mutt(redirected from Mutts)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A mongrel dog.
2. A stupid person; a dolt.
[Short for muttonhead.]
1. an inept, ignorant, or stupid person
2. (Breeds) a mongrel dog; cur
[C20: shortened from muttonhead]
1. a mongrel dog.
2. a stupid or foolish person; simpleton.
[1900–05, Amer.; perhaps shortening of muttonhead]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||mutt - an inferior dog or one of mixed breed|
Canis familiaris, dog, domestic dog - a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; "the dog barked all night"
1. mongrel, dog, hound, tyke, pooch (informal), cur He was being harassed by a large, off-the-leash mutt.
2. fool, idiot, berk (Brit. slang), moron, charlie (Brit. informal), jerk (slang, chiefly U.S. & Canad.), plank (Brit. slang), prick (derogatory slang), wally (slang), prat (slang), plonker (slang), coot, geek (slang), twit (informal, chiefly Brit.), imbecile (informal), ignoramus, dipstick (Brit. slang), dickhead (slang), gonzo (slang), schmuck (U.S. slang), dork (slang), dolt, divvy (Brit. slang), pillock (Brit. slang), dweeb (U.S. slang), putz (U.S. slang), weenie (U.S. informal), eejit (Scot. & Irish), thicko (Brit. slang), dumb-ass (slang), gobshite (Irish taboo slang), dunderhead, numpty (Scot. informal), doofus (slang, chiefly U.S.), fuckwit (taboo slang), thickhead, dickwit (slang), nerd or nurd (slang), numbskull or numskull `I'm the mutt of my family,' she declares.