Nama(redirected from NAMA (disambiguation))
n. pl. Nama or Na·mas
1. A member of a people of southwest Africa.
2. The Khoikhoi language of the Nama.
npl -ma, -mas, -qua or -quas
1. (Peoples) a member of a Khoikhoi people living chiefly in Namaqualand
2. (Languages) the Khoikhoi language spoken by this people, belonging to the Khoisan family. See also Damara
ˈNaman, Naˈmaquan n, adj
Usage: Nama is the generally accepted noun and adjective to refer to members of the Khoikhoi people
Na•ma(ˈnɑ mɑ, -mə)
n., pl. Na•mas, (esp. collectively) Na•ma, Na•ma•qua (nəˈmɑ kwə)
1. a member of a Khoikhoi people of central and S Namibia.
2. the language of the Nama.