centillion(redirected from Names of large numbers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The cardinal number equal to 10303.
2. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 10600.
cen·til′lionth adj.adv. & n.
n, pl -lions or -lion
1. (Mathematics) (in Britain and Germany) the number represented as one followed by 600 zeros (10600)
2. (Mathematics) (in the US, Canada, and France) the number represented as one followed by 303 zeros (10303)
n., pl. -lions, (as after a numeral) -lion, n.
1. a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 303 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 600 zeros.adj.
2. amounting to one centillion in number.
[1850–55; < Latin cent(um) hundred + -illion (as in million, billion, etc.)]
cen•til′lionth, n., adj.