narcissism(redirected from Narcissitic)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Narcissitic: sociopath
1. Excessive preoccupation with or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
2. A personality disorder characterized by an exaggerated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy. Also called narcissistic personality disorder.
3. Pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, considered in psychoanalytic theory to be a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Psychology) an exceptional interest in or admiration for oneself, esp one's physical appearance
2. (Psychology) sexual satisfaction derived from contemplation of one's own physical or mental endowments
[C19: from Narcissus]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
nar•cis•sism(ˈnɑr səˌsɪz ɛm)
also nar•cism(ˈnɑr sɪz əm)
1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. Psychoanal. erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes.
nar′cis•sist, nar′cist, n.
nar`cis•sis′tic, nar•cis′tic, adj.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
an excessive admiration of oneself. Also narcism. — narcissist, narcist n. — narcissistic, narcistic, adj.See also: Self
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||narcissism - an exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself; "self-love that shut out everyone else"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
noun egotism, vanity, conceit, self-regard, self-love, self-absorption, egoism, self-obsession, self-centredness, egocentricity, egomania, self-conceit, self-admiration, self-adulation Their self-absorption borders on narcissism.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
narcissism[nɑːˈsɪsɪzəm] N → narcisismo m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
narcissism[ˈnɑːrsɪsɪzəm] n → narcissisme m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n → Narzissmus m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
1. n. narcisismo, admiración excesiva por sí mismo-a. y por los propios éxitos;
2. atracción sexual por su propio cuerpo.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.