Kelly(redirected from Ned Kelly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Kel·ly(kĕl′ē), Ellsworth 1923-2015.
American abstract painter and sculptor whose works are characterized by flat color areas with sharply defined edges.
Kelly, Emmett 1898-1979.
American circus clown who was famous as "Weary Willie," a sad-faced hobo with the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus (1942-1956).
Kelly, Eugene Curran Known as "Gene." 1912-1996.
American dancer, actor, choreographer, and director who influenced the development of the movie musical with his innovative dance style. His film credits include An American in Paris (1951) and Singin' in the Rain (1952).
Kelly, Grace Patricia Princess Grace. 1929-1982.
American actress whose motion pictures include High Noon (1952) and The Country Girl (1954), for which she won an Academy Award. In 1956 she married Prince Rainier III of Monaco.
1. (Biography) Gene, full name Eugene Curran Kelly. 1912–96, US dancer, choreographer, film actor, and director. His many films include An American in Paris (1951) and Singin' in the Rain (1952)
2. (Biography) Grace. 1929–82, US film actress. Her films included High Noon (1952) and High Society (1956). She married Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1956 and died following a car crash
3. (Biography) Ned. 1855–80, Australian horse and cattle thief and bushranger, active in Victoria: captured by the police and hanged
4. game as Ned Kelly as game as Ned Kelly See game125
1. Gene (Eugene Curran), 1912–96, U.S. dancer, choreographer, actor, and director.
2. Walt, 1913–73, U.S. cartoonist.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Kelly - United States circus clown (1898-1979)|
|2.||Kelly - United States film actress who retired when she married into the royal family of Monaco (1928-1982)|
|3.||Kelly - United States dancer who performed in many musical films (1912-1996)|