needlepoint(redirected from Needlepoint canvas)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Decorative needlework on canvas, usually in a diagonal stitch covering the entire surface of the material.
2. A type of lace worked on paper patterns with a needle. Also called point lace.
1. (Knitting & Sewing) embroidery done on canvas with the same stitch throughout so as to resemble tapestry
2. (Knitting & Sewing) another name for point lace
1. embroidery upon canvas, usu. with uniform spacing of stitches in a pattern.adj.
2. done or executed in needlepoint: a needlepoint cushion.
3. noting a lace (nee′dlepoint lace`) in which a needle works out the design upon parchment or paper.v.t., v.i.
4. to execute in or create needlepoint.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||needlepoint - lace worked with a needle in a buttonhole stitch on a paper pattern|
lace - a delicate decorative fabric woven in an open web of symmetrical patterns
|2.||needlepoint - embroidery consisting of allover embroidered canvas resembling tapestry|
gros point - needlepoint embroidery done with large stitches
petit point - needlepoint done with small stitches