Naphtali(redirected from Nephtali)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
In the Bible, a son of Jacob and the forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
nDouay spelling: Nephtali
1. (Bible) Jacob's sixth son, whose mother was Rachel's handmaid (Genesis 30:7–8)
2. (Bible) the tribe descended from him
3. (Bible) the territory of this tribe, between the Sea of Galilee and the mountains of central Galilee
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the sixth son of Jacob and Bilhah. Gen. 30:7, 8.
2. one of the 12 tribes of Israel, traditionally descended from him.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.