working capital(redirected from Net current assets)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. The assets of a business that can be applied to its operation.
2. The amount of current assets that exceeds current liabilities.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Accounting & Book-keeping) accounting current assets minus current liabilities
2. (Accounting & Book-keeping) current or liquid assets
3. (Accounting & Book-keeping) that part of the capital of a business enterprise available for operations
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the amount of capital needed to carry on a business.
2. Accounting. current assets minus current liabilities.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||working capital - assets available for use in the production of further assets|
assets - anything of material value or usefulness that is owned by a person or company
current assets, liquid assets, quick assets - assets in the form of cash (or easily convertible into cash)
stock - the capital raised by a corporation through the issue of shares entitling holders to an ownership interest (equity); "he owns a controlling share of the company's stock"
operating capital - capital available for the operations of a firm (e.g. manufacturing or transportation) as distinct from financial transactions and long-term improvements
seed money - capital needed to set up a new business or enterprise
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
working capitaln (Comm) → capitale m d'esercizio
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995